Please make your booking using the Online Entry Form.
The Baslow Boot Bash took place for the first time in the summer of 2005. Following its success on that occasion, it has now become an annual event. The 14 and 26 mile walks wind their way through the beautiful scenery of the Peak District National Park. The Baslow Boot Bash raises funds for Baslow Choir, helping it to use professional singers and musicians to enhance its performances.
Data Protection – How we comply
The 2019 Boot Bash results and report can be viewed via the Boot Bash sub-menu.
Boot Bash Event Details
There are two walks run on the day, a 26 mile walk and a 14 mile walk.
The 26 mile walk in the White Peak of Derbyshire with views of Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall and the beautiful scenery of the Derbyshire Dales. Starting in the village of Baslow and wandering through Chatsworth Park, Edensor, Over Haddon, Sheldon, Monsal Dale, Cressbrook Dale, Foolow, Eyam, Froggatt and Calver, then passing through Bramley Wood and Bank Wood to return to Baslow.
An alternative 14 mile route which adjoins the 26 mile route as far as the first checkpoint and then heads towards Bakewell via the Monsal trail before heading north to Rowland and Longstone edge. The route then heads east and then south to rejoin the 26 mile route at checkpoint 7 before the final two miles into Baslow and the finish.
Full details of your route and checkpoints will be sent after we receive your entry and paytment.
To view the CHECKPOINTS select 26 and 14 Mile Routes
The entry fee includes:
- Confirmation of your place via email (where provided) or a telephone call/text message.
- Pie and peas and cups of tea at the finish. There are options available when booking to choose from vegetarian, vegan or gluten free.
- Badges and certificates for all finishers
- Transport to finish for entrants who retire
- A copy of the results and event report sent to you
In April, or soon after, you will receive the final instructions which will include:
- The recommended route
- A list of checkpoint opening and closing times
- A map of Baslow showing the Registration Point and free car park
- Contact details for any queries about the walk
ALL PROCEEDS GO BASLOW CHOIR
Conditions of entry
- The event is open to anyone of any age. However, each child in the party under 18 years of age will need an adult responsible for their care, ie 2 children require 2 adults etc. This allows for each child retiring from the event to be accompanied by their responsible adult.
- The walk is limited to 350 entrants.
- Dogs are allowed as long as they are kept strictly under control.
- The object is to complete the walk within 11 hours (for the 26 mile route) and 8 hours (for the 14 mile route), starting at 9.00 am.
- A list of checkpoint opening and closing times will be included in the final details. Any entrant arriving at the checkpoint after its closing time, or deemed likely not to make the closing time of the next checkpoint will be asked to retire.
- Each walker must carry the minimum equipment as follows: a. Either 1:25000 Outdoor Leisure Map – White Peak (OL24), or 1:50000 Map number 119, Buxton, Matlock and Dovedale. Both cover the whole route.
- All walkers must respect farm property and honour the Country Code. Footpaths must be used at all times and short cuts across farmland or other private property is forbidden. The busy A6 trunk road runs through the centre of the route and MUST NOT be used except at crossing points. PLEASE CROSS WITH CARE.
- Competitors retiring should do so only at official checkpoints. Transport to the finish will be provided. All entrants who retire MUST report to the staff at the finish
- The entry fee for 2022 is £15, entry on the day is £20 and a meal cannot be guaranteed. For any cancellation before 30th April 2022, the fee will be refunded less £2.00. No entry fees can be refunded after that date.
b. Suitable equipment and clothing to ensure safety for the duration of the walk.
c. Food for consumption en route (drinks will be provided at all checkpoints and biscuits at some).
d. A first aid kit including treatments for blisters, bites and cuts.
We will hold your data for 4 years for the express purpose of administering the Baslow Boot Bash. After 4 years we will delete your contact details. Your contact details will never be shared with anyone else. If you would like us to delete your information before 4 years has elapsed, then please let us know.
The organisers reserve the right to incorporate additional rules as they think necessary. Their decision will be final.
THE ORGANISERS CAN ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURY, DAMAGE OR LOSS HOWSOEVER SUSTAINED